So I've gotten back to my Simpleology after quite some time of not. And I figured if so, at least I should start on the calendars.
And the first thing I note about my little calendar is that it is the eighteenth day of the Omer, so I did a quick search as to what that means to include it here, because it's the eighteenth day of the Omer, a day with celestial meaning more than some streak in a calendar, and here's what Chabad suggests as our exercise for introspection today:
"Is my compassion enduring and consistent? Is it reliable or whimsical? Does it prevail among other forces in my life? Do I have the capacity to be compassionate even when I’m busy with other activities or only when it's comfortable for me? Am I ready to stand up and fight for another?
"Exercise for the day: In middle of the busy day take a moment and call someone that needs a compassionate word. Defend someone who is in need of sympathy even if it's not a popular position."
But then thats not the exercise. It's this:
- Smile. Breathe life into your body. Done.
Think of three things for which you are grateful:
- I am wicked smart.
- My children are wicked smart.
- I still get up in the morning.
- List three things you are looking forward to:
- Leaving Israel.
- The Next Thirty Years.
- Travelling and Visiting my Relatives.
- List three things you will do today to make your life even better:
- Read a few more chapters of Fr. Jillions book.
- Update my website for Corona changes.
- Either set up a presentation or another Facebook Live.
And then mark it off on your calendar, and today's Simpleology List.