David Raphael Herz: March 25, 2019
I came straight here today. This is an achievement. Yesterday, I got to this page, and I couldn't find what I'd written on Friday and would have liked to follow up on. So, instead of writing, I ended up looking for that, and never actually found it.
I've also spent inordinate amounts of time just trying to get thekfar.com styled up, which is just another one of my pages that is unlikely to ever earn me a dollar. What's more, I'm just using an idiot BootSwatch theme, and I can't seem to do even the basics. So I want to go deep there, but I have so many other things that are so much more important, coding should be one of my clear red lines.
I cut my hair Thursday. I was a bit generous with myself, going only to a number three. I almost styled this a cut most severe. People wish me the Hebrew "Renewal" blessing. I suppose it's a shorthand for may you be blessed with the newness of what you have. It's said also on clothing, cars, houses, etc.
So I was walking along in a ditch next to a road the other day. Apparently I walked in the wrong direction looking for the shortcut. It was night, and it was dark, and for some reason I was afraid of snakes. I have a friend who ended up in a hospital for a month once because of a snake bite. I don't think I would have contemplated that such a thing is really a risk here if I hadn't heard his story, even though I knew that the Palestinian Viper is one of the more venomous snakes.
So I found it a bit odd in the face of some of the thoughts I have, or that I entertain them at all.
There's obviously some part of me that clings to life, and sees a world of possibility, but I think other parts shout louder most of the time. And I don't know if it's those other parts that have me running away, or if it's the first that has me moving toward a worthwhile adventure.
I got to experience my reasonableness again yesterday. Shelly called and wanted a room captain, and I was like "but Sharleen and I need to be in different places, and we only have one car." It was only talking to Sharleen later that I got how weenie that is. That's not a leader who says something and then figures it out. It's someone who doesn't want unreasonably to be put out, and that's just not who I want to be.
It's not like I can't take a bus, I just don't really want to figure it out. And I could just buy a car by then as well.
But right now, and for a few days already, I've really had it in mind that I want to get a certain light fixture up, the one for the dining room actually, I don't know why. And there was a light fixture I saw that I liked for the living room as well, and it's probably not enough, even with two; so now I'm thinking we should have put some pots in.
And then I remind myself that it's not my house, and I just shouldn't care. And every time it wants to suck more money, I'm getting more and more annoyed. I don't like to think of what I would have had to do if MDDH hadn't broken up. Perhaps I would have declared the possibility of adventure and let that guide the way.
Anyway, my mind is still being drawn to that fixture, and also to how I'm going to distinguish the past simple to my eighth graders, which will probably take priority, so I suppose today I will come up with ten ideas for ways I could make money:
- Censored. Sometimes it's better that certain ideas don't be shared.
- Censored. And there's another.
- Be the trustee on large estates.
- Act as a trustee in bankruptcy.
- Be a turn around guy for troubled companies.
- Find failing companies that have a hidden asset that they don't recognize, and take a stake for monetizing it.
- Help companies talk to their prospects to turn them into customers.
- Create a buzz around Ami. Find a way to make his store downright sexy. Use an e-mail or other digital list to help bring in the customers.
- Find the electronic needs in Passover, maybe new fixtures as you do your spring/Passover cleaning.
- Same for Sukkhot.
- Garden lights and summer outdoor adventure goods.
- Free cup of Joe for his electrician friends and neighbors.
- A preferred providers referral and review list.
- Hints for saving and enjoying your home more.
- A smart home for your next upgrade.
- Provide legal services.
- Provide legal marketing services.
- Provide other marketing services.
- Help people manage people.
- Help young people find their voice.
- Help old people find their voice.
- Help big organizations find efficiency.
- Bring conversations of renewal, growth and adventure to successful organizations.
- Invest wisely; spend little.
I notice coaching and teaching occur in the world of fall-back positions. I am an awesome coach. I don't know why I resist it. Maybe I see it as an integral part of something else.
I guess in teaching I know at some level I make a difference. I just feel like I am failing more people than I'm actually touching.
So I'm glad I gave myself the time this morning. I'm even thinking I could find a picture to go with this post. Or I could find my past simple exercise.